Areas of Focus
Torrington Savings Foundation supports grants that drive Economic Development through Neighborhood Revitalization and Education.
The Foundation fosters economic development through the support of nonprofit organizations and activities that strive to rehabilitate blighted neighborhoods, promote affordable housing & home ownership, and reduce homelessness.
The Foundation focuses on two areas of education that will build knowledge, financial independence and family and small business development.
- Education programs that supplement K-12 classroom activities
- Financial literacy, counseling & training for individuals of all ages
Eligibility Requirements for Grant Consideration
- Registered as a 501(c)(3) organization or have a 501(c)(3) fiscal agent/sponsor
- Aligned with our mission and areas of focus
- An organization in existence for at least 1 year with demonstrable impact
- Operate within the Foundation catchment area:
Avon, Barkhamsted, Bristol, Burlington, Canaan, Canton, Colebrook, Cornwall, East Granby, Farmington, Goshen, Granby, Hartland, Harwinton, Litchfield, New Hartford, Norfolk, North Canaan, Salisbury, Sharon, Simsbury, Torrington, Winchester
In addition to the eligibility requirements, application guidelines are as follows.
- Only one application per 12-month period may be submitted
- Requests for multi-year commitments will not be considered
- Returning grantees must submit a report on the progress and impact of previous grant
- Grant requests will only be accepted electronically via our online application system
The 2020 Grant Cycle is slated to open June 1, 2020.
Please check back as it gets closer for announcement and important dates.