Torrington Savings Bank is committed to maintaining its mutuality. It is guided and managed according to the best interest of its customers and local communities. Its decision-making and actions are based on the following fundamental beliefs:
Commitment to Mutuality
Torrington Savings Bank was chartered in 1868 as a mutual savings bank. We take pride in our mutuality as it allows us to operate for and in the interests of our depositors. Because we are not organized as a stock bank and do not have shareholders, we can solely focus on serving our customers and communities.
Through a team of engaged and knowledgeable employees, we are committed to providing quality products and services to meet the financial needs of the individuals, families, and businesses in our communities.
We aspire to be the recognized leader in supporting and strengthening the financial well being of our customers and communities.
- Safety & Soundness – Ensuring the safety and soundness of our customers’ deposits and information is the cornerstone of how we conduct business.
- Customer Service – Delivering superior customer service is at the heart of everything we do. We work proactively to anticipate and meet customer needs and to build lasting relationships.
- Community – We demonstrate our commitment to the communities we serve through our active participation in and financial support of a diverse array of organizations and activities.
- Integrity – We act honestly, ethically, and professionally in all our dealings.
- Teamwork – Our employees are key to delivering on our mission. We promote a positive work experience and culture of teamwork to achieve common goals.